Creedence Clearwater Revival: America.





When Buddy Seigal accused George Thorogood of sounding like CCR in interview in the LA Times, Thorogood responded, “John Fogerty is an idol of mine…. If I ever had to say, ‘This is the style I’d like to be,’ it probably would be John Fogerty’s. He writes the greatest songs in the world…. Creedence played good, fun rock ’n’ roll.” ~Hank Bordowitz, Bad Moon Rising: The Unauthorized History of Creedence Clearwater Revival, Chicago Review Press, p. 1.


I learned guitar playing with Bob Dylan, but I loved America (USA) with the Creedence Clearwater Revival. There is nothing as authentic as John Fogerty’s voice and playing. Period. When I love America, I mean this: authentic rock ’n’ roll. When Bob Dylan was in hiding and The Beatles were singing about LSD, Fogerty composed Fortunate Son and, not content with that, years later, he had the guts to compose Deja Vu (All Over Again). My band is Creedence Clearwater Revival and my American voice is John Fogerty. Forget Bob Dylan and his Jesus the Christ. Fogerty is the voice. A powerful human voice. 





––––––––––––––––––––––

Nota Bene. As the Journal of American Culture says on the scholarship contained in Finding Fogerty: Interdisciplinary Readings of John Fogerty and Creedence Clearwater Revival (Lanham & Plymouth: Lexington Books, 2013): “Finding Fogerty should convince its readers that Fogertyʼs influence on American culture deserves even fuller consideration; this volume offers a welcome start.”













Comentarios